What You Need
- 1 400g packet of meatballs
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and
cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled chopped
- 4 large mushrooms, each cut
- 1 560g jar tomato and garlic
- 120g Ilchester Mexicana cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Salt and pepper
Prep. Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 40 mins
- Pre-heat the oven 180oC, 350oF, Gas mark 4.
- Heat a large frying pan and dry fry the meatballs over a high heat for 5 minutes until sealed all over and lightly browned.
- Remove the meatballs from the frying pan, and heat 1 tablespoon of oil over a medium-high heat, add the vegetables. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return the meatball to the pan and pour over the pasta sauce, heat gently until simmering. Season if necessary.
- Stir in half the grated Mexicana cheese and transfer the meatballs into an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Mexicana and bake for 25 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked.
Serve with pasta or crusty bread, and a crisp green salad.